Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Since I have family and friends all over the country, Mommy thought she could easily share pictures of me with everyone if I had my own Blog. She's going to try to post new pictures of me every couple of days, but I keep her and my Daddy really busy. Let me tell you about the day I was born, and then you get to see pictures of me!!!

Mommy's water broke at 6:30am on Tuesday, October 10th just a few minutes before Daddy left for work. Mommy wasn't totally sure what had happened, so Daddy went to work and Mommy went back to bed since she wasn't having any contractions and waited for the doctor's office to open. Mommy called the doctor's office about 8:30am and they told her to come in and get checked out. She went in and found out that indeed her water had broken. I was on my way. Mommy called Daddy at work and at first he thought she was joking around with him. She told him he wasn't and he said he'd get there as soon as he could. Mommy called Auntie Stephanie and asked her to come to the hospital and hang out with her until Daddy could get there. Little did Auntie Stephanie know she'd be there for the next 17 hours!!

By the time Mommy got checked into the hospital and settled in her room at 10:45am, she still wasn't having contractions. They gave her some medicine to help move me along. Boy oh boy, my Mommy didn't like that stuff. Daddy got to the hospital an hour later and hung out with Mommy and Auntie Stephanie. Grandma came too after she was done at school. Twelve hours later I still wasn't here and the doctor told Mommy and Daddy he thought I was a pretty big baby and I was going to need a different escape route than the one I had originally planned on using. Pretty soon Daddy was changing into scrubs and Mommy was getting her tummy scrubbed with some funky blue stuff. A little while later at 11:52pm, I was born. I weighed 9 pounds, 4 ounces and I was 22 inches long. You should have seen my funny cone head. I was stuck inside Mommy and my head looked very silly. It's back to normal now, don't worry and my bruise is almost gone. Daddy went with me to the nursery to get cleaned up and the doctor gave Mommy some medicine to make her sleep so he could close my escape hatch. I didn't want anything else escaping. Grandma and Auntie Stephanie heard me coming down the hallway to the nursery. I can make myself heard when I want to be! Mommy's blood pressure was really high after I was born, so I didn't get to meet her until 3 hours later. That's ok. I got to hang out with my Daddy. After Mommy was better I got to meet her, get some grub and head off to sleep. We were all really tired.

Mommy and I got to stay at the hospital until Saturday, October 14th. We had some visitors at the hospital, but they couldn't stay long because Mommy blood pressure was still being goofy. The doctors wanted her to rest as much as possible. So far the first few days at home have been fun. Mommy, Daddy and I are getting to know each other and we're trying to figure out what makes everyone happy. Uncle Joe comes to visit me every day. Last night I watched my first Bears game with Mommy, Daddy, Uncle Joe and my friends from nextdoor Aunt Shannon, Uncle Pat, Alex and Maura. Boy they're lucky they pulled it out in the 4th quarter. Daddy was sure yelling at them.

Thanks for visiting! Check back every once and a while to see new pictures of me. I can't wait to share them with you!!

No comments: